How to ‘Build a Slate’
Great news that you’re interested in building your own slate or starting a new team for an existing slate.
There are a few simple steps involved so we want to walk you through it. Stick with us — it’s worth it! Making politics personal is what this is all about.
Tip: We recommend opening a new tab to start creating your new slate so you can refer to these instructions easily.
- First, make sure to sign up so you are logged in.
- You are now on your ‘My WomenCount’ page. To get started, set an overall fundraising goal for the 2018 cycle, which can be updated at any time.
- Next, go to bottom right and ‘Click here to create a new slate.’
- To get started, type in a name for your slate — either retype the name of an existing slate or create a new name if you are building a brand new slate. Feel free to be creative!
- Next, it’s time to pick the candidates. There are two choices:
- Select the name of an existing slate from the drop-down and the candidates will automatically fill in … or
- Pick candidates from the drop-down list of all the women. For descriptions of the candidates, refer to the “Build a Slate” page.
- Now you have the option to add a background image for your slate name. This is the large horizontal image that goes behind the slate name. If you don’t choose an image, it will default to a color block. (Note: Recommended image dimensions are 1400×315)
- In the next step you will see a large text field. Type in a sentence or two that describes your slate.
You’re almost there. Keep going!
- Next, enter a title for your team, such as your name, organization, or other, i.e. Sally, UCal Alumni, Von Trapp Family, etc.
- Another optional step: Choose a photo to represent your team. This is another great place to make your slate personal! (Note: Recommended image dimensions are : 600×400)
- Now, another option: type in a fundraising goal in the next text field.
- Click on “Create team” at bottom right.
- You’ve returned to the top of page. Final step: Click “view my slate” — you did it! Continue through the payment process and start sharing!