WomenCount is seeking a WordPress developer with a minimum of two years advanced WordPress development experience. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the WordPress realm and on plugin development, and who is knowledgeable about the most recent WordPress releases and standards.
The perfect candidate meets these criteria:
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress, PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML and jQuery
- Expert experience developing using WordPress standards
- Expert understanding of Custom Post Types
- A good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards
- An good understanding of RESTful Web Services technologies such as JSON, SOAP, and HTTP
- Experience creating custom WordPress plugins
- Experience drafting functional specifications
- Experience coding WordPress themes
- Ability to build and manage websites on a managed host
- Ability to write well-documented code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Interest in progressive politics & advocacy
Please note: This is not a position for someone just learning how to develop in WordPress. Experienced programmers only.
Your job will be to maintain and update WomenCount’s crowdfunding website, (womencount.org), including:
- Migrating the WomenCount website to a new dedicated hosting service
- Developing and extending WordPress plugins and custom functionality
- Developing and maintaining complex WordPress-based applications
- Selecting and implementing bug tracking, project tracking and SVN software
Interested parties should submit to info[at]womencount.org a resume and very brief cover letter that demonstrates your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. We’re especially interested in someone with experience working at nonprofits or on campaigns, and who is committed to our mission of supporting progressive Democratic women.
This is a part-time, contract position with a flexible end-date, though at a minimum you should be available through December 2020.