After this week’s primaries in Florida and Arizona the field of women House challengers is now set — and all eyes are on the six Democratic women poised to unseat incumbent House Republicans in November.
Support our House Boot ‘Em Out slate and donate $30 to help these six women challengers defeat House Republicans in November.
There are now 22 non-incumbent Democratic women House candidates, including safe seats, open seats, and challenger races. Of those, these six are rated as toss up races in districts with incumbent Republicans. These are among the most competitive House races in the country and give the Democrats their best chances of flipping seats red to blue.
The candidates are:
- State Sen. Morgan Carroll has an excellent chance to unseat five-term Rep. Mike Coffman in this Colorado district with a growing minority population;
- Former State Sen. Emily Cain is waging a rematch in Maine’s 2nd district where freshman Rep. Bruce Poliquin won in an upset in 2014;
- Former Rep. Carol Shea Porter is also headed for a rematch in New Hampshire, where freshman Rep. Frank Guinta is under fire for admitting to accepting illegal campaign contributions;
- Former Councilwoman Monica Vernon is favored to defeat freshman Iowa Rep. Rod Blum, who won unexpectedly in 2014 in a district that President Obama carried in 2012;
- Colleen Deacon, former aide to New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, has an excellent chance to defeat first-term Rep. John Katko, who is considered more conservative than the Syracuse district he represents.
- Former Southampton Supervisor Anna Throne-Holst is gunning for freshman Rep. Lee Zeldin in a New York district in which the “Trump effect” puts this race squarely in the toss-up column;
Crowdfund these six women House candidates to support their victories in November. Then share your donation with your networks and watch your $30 contribution grow.
Because Donald Trump is at the top of the GOP ticket, Democrats are poised to narrow their deficit in the House — and possibly retake the majority. But they need your support now!